[Arm-netbook] riki200 v3 first print: success

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Sep 20 17:15:31 BST 2017

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 4:29 PM, Philip Hands <phil at hands.com> wrote:

>>  ha, cool!  yeah i bought something called a "Sparki" robot for me and
>> lilyana to play with.  which was for about... 2 days.  the GUI on that
>> however i have to say is extremely cool.  it's block-based like a
>> jigsaw, and it auto-generates actual code which you can then look at
>> to see if it does what you expected.
>
> Sounds somewhat like scratch.

 ah! yes that was the name of its competing... thing.

> The chibi chip is one of Bunnie's projects, for making it easy to do
> clever stuff with circuits made out of sticky copper tape and stick-on
> LEDs and sensors -- I'm awaiting one in the post, having found a UK
> based seller last week:
>
>    https://chibitronics.com/shop/love-to-code-chibi-chip-cable/

 nice! wasn't there some sort of... circuit pen that you could use to
literally draw your own traces?  why am i suggesting that you get one
when you know full well that your house - from the downstairs to the
upstairs will instantly be filled with stickers and line-drawings on
the walls... ha, i know why: because i would love to hear that that
actually happened :)

> I particularly like his Sauerkraut analogy about always getting the same
> outcome if you start with the same ingredients.

 :)