[Arm-netbook] Feedback?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Sep 18 18:21:32 BST 2017

---

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Richard Wilbur
<richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Sep 17, 2017, at 01:29, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>>
>> hiya richard, ok yes, took a look at what you wrote,
>> http://lists.phcomp.co.uk/pipermail/arm-netbook/2017-September/014681.html
>> and yes, really, a cutout and markup of the bits of the image you're
>> re referring to would really do it.
>
> Will see what I can do after looking at the new images.

 thx richard.  i didn't do the TX2 double-wiggle, i don't think
there's enough space (because of the GND vias... which i can't remove)

>> i've removed the 15mil clearance
>> design rule, reverted back to the *standard* 6mil clearance that was
>> is in place everywhere (and is now back in place as the standard
>> blanket rule, no exceptions, i.e. it's all 6mil clearance from
>> everything-to-everything.. oh... except the board edge of course,
>> which is and always was 12mil)
>
> I'm mildly surprised to hear that the default clearance (everything-to-everything) used to be 6mil:  either it changed and I missed the announcement or it was that value before I got involved.  The value I understood for minimum clearance was 5mil[1].

 5 mil - yes, sorry.  i didn't check the actual design rules and it's
been a couple of weeks, stuff drops out of my memory quite fast.