[Arm-netbook] ppcnotebook

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Tue Sep 12 14:15:48 BST 2017

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 06:33:13AM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

>  no the reason is: they make a specific batch of the processors,
> making it a large batch so that they can tune one of the wafer
> manufacturing machines over a period of several months to get it up to
> as close to a 100% yield as they can, then stockpile them.

Wasn't the power processor used in Sony's playstations a while back,
with something like five or six CPUs and some other thing to
coordinate them?  I heard they got around the yield problem by making
them all with extra processors so they could make a subset of
them that happened to work available in the actual delivered machine.

-- hendrik