[Arm-netbook] HDMI High-Frequency Layout: Recommendations

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Sep 1 19:01:35 BST 2017

---

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Richard Wilbur <richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 4:07 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 7:59 AM, Richard Wilbur
>> <richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>  I have a question about one of the traces:  In the layout picture it appears that something resembling a via coincides with HTX1P following the second wiggle after the trace turns NE.  If it is a via, what is it doing there?  If not, what is it?
>>
>>  you've lost me, sorry. i don't know if you have access to an image
>> editor but an arrow pointing would help - i know you're using an
>> iphone so that might be a leetle awwkward...
>
> Borrowing my wife's laptop I used the bundled Paint program to scratch
> some marks on the image from your wiggles progress message.

 *grin*

> What I'm
> referring to has been in the layout pictures for a while longer than
> the image I used to note it and I was curious but had bigger fish to
> fry.

 ah!  ok, i know what it is - it's the centre mark of a big pad on the
layer below.  nice feature (gets in the way, here) - the centre of a
pad is marked with a to-scale circle that is displayed on all layers.
in this case, as that's a 1206 component the circle is huuuge.... and
coincidentally the same size as a VIA :)

 so... can be safely ignored.