[Arm-netbook] Top Priority Software Tasks

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Nov 29 09:21:39 GMT 2017

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 8:46 AM, Pablo Rath <pablo at parobalth.org> wrote:

> Now I am confused. In this reply
> (http://lists.phcomp.co.uk/pipermail/arm-netbook/2017-May/013653.html)
> you have told me the reason for the kernel bug is/was a power
> instability. So I thought this is going to be fixed and said kernel bug
> is no more.

 i solved that by simply cutting off NAND entirely and re-routing the
pins on SD/MMC so that MMC0 is now the user-facing SD slot and MMC2 is
the EOMA68 SD/MMC interface.

 both are eGON BOOTROM interfaces.

 previously i was forced to route MMC3 to the user-facing SD slot and
MMC0 to the EOMA68 interface.

 MMC3 is *not* bootable from the A20 eGON BOOTROM.

 i think that's what it was.  it's been too long to recall exact details.