[Arm-netbook] HDMI High-Frequency Layout: Recommendations Vias Moveable?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Nov 25 15:21:56 GMT 2017

---

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> ---
> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
>

> On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Richard Wilbur
> <richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Very nicely refactored capacitors!  The only thing I am missing is the ground bypass vias close to the TX2 signal vias.  I can't see them on the picture you included in the message, at least.
>
>  argh!  damnit, this is one of the things that pisses me off about
> PADS Layout: it occasionally decides, "oh that GND track you just
> deleted, it's no longer got any purpose... *let's delete it for you*"
> nggggggh.
>
>  well spotted, i'll put it - some... - back.

 grr, about 3 (at least) got deleted.  squished them back in between
the diffpairs.

 so, now those act as helpers for the diff-pairs _and_ also for the
main IPSOUT power bus.  that's 3 very close by the pair of capacitors,
and 2 more within about... 30-40mil, one above, one below.