[Arm-netbook] HDMI High-Frequency Layout: Recommendations Vias Moveable?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Nov 22 17:08:08 GMT 2017

---

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Richard Wilbur
<richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
> Working on the high-frequency taper, a couple things have been
> bothering me--the two ground vias circled in the attached picture.
>  Are they either optional or moveable?

 they're not really optional, they're GNDing VIAs for a couple of
capacitors on the TOP layer, associated with the PMIC area.  i'll take
a look, see what they're for: it *might* be possible to move them
direclly south or south east, to the edge of the exclusion area.

 also i just noticed that TX1N/P has that little kink, it turns 45
degrees anti-clockwise (from the long horizontal straight) about 15mil
late, and i really don't know why :)

> If so, even moving them East or Northeast takes some pressure
> off the taper.  If not, we'll work around them but it is a little more complicated.

 less complicated is good....