[Arm-netbook] Communication improvements (Update Oct 10th)

Pablo Rath pablo at parobalth.org
Thu Nov 2 12:08:48 GMT 2017

Hi Luke,
In your update from October 10th you asked the questions: "How could
communication and access to information about this project be improved?"

My reply is quite late because I have been on vacation.
I think you should not take the opinion of an individual person too
seriously, altough I know this is easier said than done. The overall
communication of this project is in my opinion very good and incredibly
detailed but only if you are willing to invest your time and _read_.
I think what we need quite urgent is a doable shipping date somewhere in 2018 and a roadmap. For example: Will the computer cards ship when they are ready, even if the printed Laptop parts are not?
My current poor estimate is a shipping date somewhere in the second quarter of
2018 if all goes well.
On the Crowdsupply page there is still the misleading claim that orders
placed now will ship Nov. 15th 2017. I have seen such claims backfire in
other crowdfunded projects and recommend to change it immediately.

kind regards
Pablo