[Arm-netbook] molex 12v 5v 2a power supply together with 3 way usb otg host charger cable

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Tue May 30 21:05:27 BST 2017

...actually (replying to both myself and to Ron here), if I were going to
buy a power supply specifically for an EOMA68 card and I wanted maximum
reliability (etc) -- forgive me, but this is what I'd buy...

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD810LL/A/apple-5w-usb-power-adapter

Before you tie me to a stout pole and light me on fire, hear me out a
minute. I promise I can at least partially justify this atrocity.

First, I hate Apple with both vengeance and passion. Their "we'll
out-and-out gouge you because we can get away with it" pricing model for
everything makes me foam at the mouth, and their wasteful, "everything is a
consumable" attitude makes me just about boil over. Ditto and then some for
the closed ecosystem that is their hardware. But they put actual and
considerable effort into their products, and for that --and that alone--
they earn my grudging respect. Their interface designs are freakin'
beautiful, and their hardware really is designed to be pretty reliable and
to last its planned lifetime. They don't cut nearly as many corners as they
want you to think. Given that one of the worst tech companies on Earth, and
justifiably so, is also one of the most skilled at making what they make --
as the line from The Matrix goes, "fate, it seems, is not without a sense
of irony."

Second, read this
<http://www.righto.com/2012/05/apple-iphone-charger-teardown-quality.html> and
then this
<http://www.righto.com/2012/03/inside-cheap-phone-charger-and-why-you.html>.
Ken
Shirrif is no lightweight in the electronics engineering field. He knows
his $#!* and then some -- sure, I know a thing or two about electronics,
but I am comatose and braindead compared to Ken. You really do owe him the
time to properly read and research-until-you-understand those two posts of
his on (respectively) Apple and fake-Apple chargers -- the second of which
explains in painful detail why you want to buy direct from Apple, thieving
bastards that they are, and not from eBay or Amazon or the like. (Getting a
non-counterfeit Apple charger through third-party sellers is roughly
statistically equivalent to simultaneously winning two lotteries while
being struck by lightning.)

Okay, *now* you can burn me at the stake :P

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 3:53 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net