[Arm-netbook] first prototype microdesktop casework

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue May 30 03:41:07 BST 2017

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 10:57 PM, David Niklas <doark at mail.com> wrote:

> Actually, I was thinking of using a lokibuild sheet (another kickstatr?
> thing (seems I have lost the link...)):
> here is one of the right size?
> https://shop3duniverse.com/collections/accessories/products/3d-universe-lokbuild-3d-print-build-surface

 looks like it's worthwhile investigating - but it is still new.
printbite has been around for years and is a known proven quantity.

 interestingly in the comments of the kickstarter it looks like the
particular properties of printbite are down to thermal expansion.
i.e. the surface expands and contracts, having thermal characteristics
that lead it to contract at well below the glass point of PLA (or
other material).

 thus, as it cools it shrinks enough to "pop" the object off the bed.

 which is kinda cool.