[Arm-netbook] Existential 3D Printing Moments

doark at mail.com doark at mail.com
Mon May 29 15:44:37 BST 2017

On Fri, 19 May 2017 01:42:52 +0100
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 12:35 AM, Neil Jansen <njansen1 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
<snip>
> now, neil, this is the kind of speed at which an arduino 2560 *cannot
> cope*, and, also, where the design flaws inherent in RAMPS - using
> prototyping Evaluation Boards (polulu-style drivers) - start to show
> up.
Could you be more specific? Why can't the arduino cope?

> david crocket (dc42) has specifically designed the duet series so that
> you can consider exceeding PWM rates of 150 khz, which is what you
> need if you want to sustain 500mm/sec for example (and do not want
> problems to occur at speeds well below that).
Link?

> also i forgot to mention that i've been using the E3Dv6 "volcano"
> which, when you use a 0.5 to 0.8mm nozzle can easily do flow rates of
> something mad like.... 200c^3/min - particularly when combined with
> the huge 40:1 gearing of the flex3drive which can *accurately* deliver
> the kinds of torque needed.  the volcano basically turns the heat
> chamber round, so that the heat area is 20mm long instead of the usual
> 10mm.
Torque for what?
Again, maybe a link would help us stay on the same page.

> none of this stuff i knew about, the 18 months before i began
> designing the laptop's parts.  oh well.

I researched 3D printers thoroughly before I bought mine. I even started
asking questions at a forum, and I'm still not too certain if I got what
I sought.
According to this list, I did worse when looking for hacker boards.
So, you are not alone.

<snip>
>  welcome to the list neil.  really good talking with you.
>
> l.

Indeed.

Sincerely,
David