[Arm-netbook] modifying a 7 inch notebook cabinet to accept a pc card

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri May 26 01:34:58 BST 2017

---

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 10:40 PM, Christopher Havel
<laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Keyboard is easy if you know a little electronics. A laptop keyboard is a
> matrix keypad. Rows and columns. One key connects one row to one column.

 i found quite a lot of tutorials online about this.  and still had to destroy a
 perfectly good keyboard in order to reverse-engineer the row/column matrix.

> I am designing, for a competition on Hackaday, a "made from common modules"
> "laptop" that I'm calling the AnyTop. The goal is that anyone can build it
> if they can use a screwdriver, knife, and some sort of drill. (The drill is
> only needed in one place.) It won't have a battery... but it will be a
> laptop form factor and it will work. Luke, would some discussion of this be
> on-topic?

 sounds great.  i'd particularly be interested to hear how much time and
 effort it takes any one person to follow the resultant instructions, and
 how much they have to spend to do it.