[Arm-netbook] $150 taobao knock-off 3d printer doing 200mm/sec

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu May 25 15:30:50 BST 2017

---

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 1:53 PM, Bluey <bluey at smallfootprint.info> wrote:

> Ah, yeah.  I was actually thinking of a bit of a bastardised printer designed just for printing the small pieces.  That way, the print heads would only move left–right by the width of the largest small piece and the frame et al. could remain unchanged.  (An even more crazy version would be to have four fixed printer heads mounted above a table that can move in the X and Y direction.  Obviously the Z-axis mechanism would need to be rated for the higher weight resulting from the extra printer heads.)

 ohh yeah.  huh.

 btw please do keep line lengths to under around 70-75 characters.
see that single ">"?  that should be about 6, one for each line.  by
using a mailer that totally fails to put in proper linebreaks i am
FORCED to manually break up what you've written... but today i can't
be bothered.

> The long pieces would still be printed on a standard one-head printer.

 i wonder if the steppers could cope with the extra weight?

> - Bluey
>
> P.S. Is there any reason that PLA can’t be used in place of resin in the cast moulds?  That way you get the speed of casting with the strength of PLA.

 i have no idea!  very good question!