[Arm-netbook] mali gpu reverse engineering lkcl may ignore

mdn bernardlprf at openmailbox.org
Mon May 22 19:01:23 BST 2017

Le 22/05/2017 12:05, mike.valk at gmail.com a écrit :

>> Because I deleted a previously email about this subject, I start a new
>> email.
>> Info. Lkcl said, he is not in favor of reverse engineering a mali gpu.
>> Because it is about 150000eu and new gpus will emerge during the reverse
>> engineering and the outcome is uncertain.
>>
>> I agree on his arguments.
>
> I assume you don not agree.
>
>  150000eu is a crowd funding of 30000 people, each 5eu. I would pay an
>> extra 5eu to be able to buy a source code computer.
>>

> Th issue with revese engineering the MALI gpu's is not justs about money.
> ARM ltd. actively Seeks and destroys attempts on a OSS mail driver.
>
> So that money needed is not only going to coding but is probably also
> needed for legel fees and marketing against the smear and laster campaign.
>
> They have already made one person's life very difficult:
> http://libv.livejournal.com/
Ho yes I remember that now.
The thing is, is that one wants to avoid to be persecuted you have to:
-Avoid electronic money (or at least one that doesn't tie your real name
too it).
-Having your name tied to the project it (staying anonymous)
-Having people who don't have a lot to loose (if they can stay anonymous
this isn't a big problem).
-Having a server that won't reveal the ID of the people participating on
the project (Tor or GNUnet only)
There are some projects that exist already on these mesh networks.

The problem will always be money and official crowdfunding systems that
needs to have IDs (which is kinda normal).