[Arm-netbook] mali gpu reverse engineering lkcl may ignore

ronwirring at Safe-mail.net ronwirring at Safe-mail.net
Sun May 21 23:06:55 BST 2017

Because I deleted a previously email about this subject, I start a new email.
Info. Lkcl said, he is not in favor of reverse engineering a mali gpu. Because it is about 150000eu and new gpus will emerge during the reverse engineering and the outcome is uncertain.

I agree on his arguments. I do not find them strong enough. Maybe lkcl assumed it was about a mali gpu on a pc card. It was not. My question was a general question about getting a broadly known mali gpu reverse engineered. In my email I referenced the https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1771382379/firefly-rk3399-six-core-64-bit-high-performance-pl because according to lkcl it is as fast as a duo core intel mainboard and only the mali gpu software is not source code.

There is no new arm source code computer for sale. I think one should be provided. People must be able to get one. 150000eu is a crowd funding of 30000 people, each 5eu. I would pay an extra 5eu to be able to buy a source code computer.

I do not know if 30000 people are interested or if they can agree on one board.
You cannot get the mali source code faster, if you put more people on it?