[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 card based on NXP i.MX7 (work in progress)

Vincent ml.eoma68 at eml.cc
Tue May 16 20:28:42 BST 2017

Hi Luke,

Okay, it is good to see you on the same page when it comes to KiCad vs.
Altium. Also, I wanted to give the community the chance to respond to
this prior to making any design.

I highly appreciate your effort in creating the template version of the
i.MX7 design. I hope I can carry it on in your best interest without
touching anything of the critical stuff.

Do you by accident know how critical the layer stack-up is in terms of
material selection, e.g., in terms of using FR4 and having controlled
impedances by the manufacturer? For testing purposes etc., it would
certainly be much easier to use a manufacturer that happens to be nearby.

Also, I wanted to point out that the i.MX7 security manual is only
available under an NDA (one needs to sign up and request the file
download). I'm actually wondering why this is the case because the stuff
in there is not that special after all.

Thanks for summarizing all the other aspects (power profile, etc.).

Best regards,
Vincent