[Arm-netbook] Side-Topic: Liberating PocketCHIP

Pablo pablo at parobalth.org
Wed May 10 15:02:13 BST 2017

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 05:06:17PM -0700, Jeffrey Sites wrote:

> > On May 9, 2017, at 16:00, John Luke Gibson <eaterjolly at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Right now I'm looking at CHIP-buildroot.
> > I'm planning on patching out any blobs and also anything not CHIP
> > related (as we don't want a person to accidentally think the script
> > will give them a blobless cubieboard or anything).
> >

> Would it make sense to just add a target for C.H.I.P. to libreCMC in this case?
>
> I had been planning on doing that for a while but haven't had the time.

libreCMC seems an odd choice to me because C.H.I.P. does not have an
ethernet port. I think libreCMC for a C.H.I.P. will have a small
userbase. Do you have a special use case in mind?

As a general purpose OS one of the libre distributions or Debian with
only the main repository seems the way to go.

Pablo