[Arm-netbook] first prototype microdesktop casework

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon May 8 18:51:21 BST 2017

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 2:07 AM,  <doark at mail.com> wrote:

> I own a Reach3D printer. It's an all aluminum housing and z axis gear
> printer. I'm still in the construction phase, but if me and my caliper
> (it's auto-calibrating but I want it perfect :) work well together then I
> should be printing sometime around the 21st. I could help you with my
> printer at limited expense (unless something big happens in my life :)

 one piece of advice: buy some printbite, stick it to the aluminium
plate (after cleaning it - do follow PRECISELY the instructions for
printbite installation).  better, get a MK3 (aluminium) bed plate,
because having a MK2 not in full contact with the aluminium is a pain
(uneven heat distribution and transfer).  i've currently stacked some
cardboard underneath to make the MK2 stop bowing downwards...
*sigh*...

 printbite will stop a world of pain in both making prints stick and
also getting them off.  but *read and follow the instructions*.