[Arm-netbook] eoma68 router (qca9531)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri May 5 15:36:44 BST 2017

---

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Christopher Havel <laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Replying by phone; please forgive the top-posting (and potential typos) that
> result from that.
>
> Would it be possible to have *two* PCIe Mini Card slots, say one for WiFi
> and one for 4g/LTE?

 yes i was just considering that.  one wired for USB (only).

 actually now that i think about it, it would be sensible to put a
GL850G onto the QCA9531, then connect both the MiniPCIe (USB only) and
AN2720 onto that, rather than have the MiniPCIe wired directly to an
EOMA68 USB.

 that way the MiniPCIe is still accessible by the QCA9531 even if
there's no EOMA68 Card in use.

> That would be awesome. Mom hates cables, and I mostly agree with her on
> that... so look much easier, with the router in the front hall, to run WiFi
> rather than Ethernet to the kitchen table, two rooms and ~30ft away...

 yeahyeah.  well in this case 2.4ghz WIFI will already be on-board,
but if you wanted 5.4ghz or 802.11ac (assuming you can get a MiniPCIe
802.11ac Card) that's what you'd use that slot for.