[Arm-netbook] The open risc v idea is good

zap zapper at openmailbox.org
Wed May 3 11:28:01 BST 2017

On 05/03/2017 01:01 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> ---
> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
>

> On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 10:50 PM, zap <zapper at openmailbox.org> wrote:
>> I assume that's going to be the third series of libre cards right? you
>> making a lowrisc based processor and graphics, etc,
>  more likely the fourth or fifth.  all these things happen in
> parallel.  the one after the RK3288 to investigate is the RK3399
> (6-core).  also i've heard that the iMX7 is out so am having a look at
> that.

RK3399... 11.0 ghz speed if you count all the four cores which are 2 ghz each and 1.5 for the other ones...

wow...

I wonder how much watts that processor uses...

that is crazy fast. I mean really... 4GB ram too I see as the norm. which is good.

on a different note though, perchance will the fourth or fifth series of libre cards support 8gb of ram or more?

I bet you could even get it to 16gb if you wanted... though that wouldn't be needed. heh.

>> I am sure you can succeed. I look forward to still getting the second
>> revision still though. :)
>  :)

I am impressed by your findings keep it up pal... hehe.