[Arm-netbook] microdesktop casework as DXF files for laser-cutting

Mark Van den Borre mark at lusis.eu
Thu Mar 30 23:00:37 BST 2017

Hi Tor, hi list,

Marqueteur at fineartmarquetry.com>:

> I haven't put my dial caliper on enough pieces of similar plywood to make
> a statement about normal variation due to manufacturing tolerances.

I have. The 3mm birch plywood we use usually stays within +-0.1mm. Only
rarely up to +-0.15mm.

Some extra stabilisation can also be designed into the z dimension by doing
things like inserting (laser cut) plywood "grip beaks" along the z axis.

Another laser cutting technique that may come in handy is the "accordeon
curve" or "kerf bend".

Kind regards,

Mark
--