[Arm-netbook] Logos

John Luke Gibson eaterjolly at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 00:42:08 GMT 2017

On 3/17/17, Tor, the Marqueteur <Marqueteur at fineartmarquetry.com> wrote:
> On 17/03/17 10:08, Peter Carlson wrote:
>> For me it really only works in the list. As stand alone I think it would
>> be a WTF moment.
>
> I have to agree that as a stand-alone logo, the E would be entirely lost
> on most people.  Looks as much like random stuff settled in a crescent
> moon as it does an E.
>
> Tor
>

>> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 1:55 PM John Luke Gibson <eaterjolly at gmail.com
>> <mailto:eaterjolly at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     I was wondering what people think of the Cloister Black letter E for
>>     the EOMA logo. I can imagine that some people might find it hard to
>>     read or understand. Legible enough any one would suppose?
>>
>>     http://www.deathnotenews.com/uploads/1/7/3/9/17393465/5192168_orig.png
>>

> --
> Tor Chantara
> http://www.fineartmarquetry.com/
> 808-828-1107
> GPG Key: 2BE1 426E 34EA D253 D583 9DE4 B866 0375 134B 48FB
>       *Be wary of unsigned emails*
> Stop spying: http://www.resetthenet.org/

I wouldn't really worry, as my intention is not to make a tribute to
Death Note as a whole so much as to make a subtle reference to the
character "L Lawliet"'s technical prowess and ethos. I figure the E
would be the most appropriate for various reasons pertaining to the
lore. Interestingly, I discovered that the letter "N" they used to
represent Near doesn't match the Cloister Black font they said they
used, but rather matches exactly another font made by the same author
a font with a much more clearly defined letter "E" [see link bellow],
which I find appropriate since it represents a new font to represent a
new generation.

What do y'all think of this letter E? Much more clear?

http://txt.static.1001fonts.net/charmap/ttf/0/olde-english.regular.character-map-1.png

Here is a link to the font download and license information (thankfully):

http://www.1001fonts.com/olde-english-font.html