[Arm-netbook] passthrough card stm32f072 firmware

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Thu Mar 16 15:40:05 GMT 2017

Hi Luke,

Le Tue, 14 Mar 2017 07:32:17 +0000
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> a écrit:

> sorry albert just checked the schematics and also watterott's
> HDMI_Display schematic - it's HDMI DDC that the STM32F072 needs to
> emulate!  but looking at the watterott schematics that's just an
> EEPROM (again).
>
> l.

OK, I'm lost :) and not really familiar with the passthrough card so let
me try to find my bearings back; just stop me when I'm wrong. The goal
is that the passthrough card advertise on its HDMI connector's I2C the
display capabilities of the microdesktop it is slotted into. Correct?

So at the interface level, it should behave as an I2C slave EEPROM wrt
DDC_SDA and DDC_SCL (that's I2C1 on the STM32) and as an I2C master
wrt the EOM68 connector's I2C. Right?

Now, what I am not sure about yet is whether there are any conversion
to be made between the I2C data read from the microdesktop(s I2C and
the data to be provided on the HDMI DCC IC2.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.