[Arm-netbook] Logging and journaling

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Tue Mar 7 23:14:38 GMT 2017

On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 17:15:28 +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> anyway, bottom line: from what i know of systemd (that includes
> libsystemd0) i know the pain that it will bring people, and because of
> that i cannot possibly distribute it to others.  it would be a
> fundamental violation of my ethical principles to do so.  i'm *really*
> not happy with the fact that i'll be supplying it to the backers who
> pledged for fedora cards.  i'll have to think how to deal with that.

Warn them.  And send them fedora if they really want it or ignore the
warning.  Offer them Devuan if they heed the warnings.

The same for Debian, especially.

Most of them will not heed the warnings, but *if* they run into trouble
they will think of the warning and probably not blame you.

And make Devuan an option for those pledging.

-- hendrik