[Arm-netbook] Arm processors

zap zapper at openmailbox.org
Fri Mar 3 02:36:55 GMT 2017

On 03/02/2017 08:30 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> ---
> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
>

> On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 8:59 PM, John Luke Gibson <eaterjolly at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 3/2/17, zap <zapper at openmailbox.org> wrote:
>>> My bad again. I really failed in that respect.
>  's'ok zap
>
>>> By the way,  I hope you are feeling better.
>  getting there
>
>> @Zap, in this case verbosity helps greatly. If you (for all you
>> honestly knew at the time) redundantly mentioned the purpose of the
>> link was presenting jxself as an alternative.
>>
>> In fact it would seem you were paying more attention than you (for all
>> Luke honestly knew at the time) seemed to be.
>  yeah yesterday wasn't a good day: i learned that the NAND ICs which
> are currently available are no longer compatible with the NAND BOOT
> ROM on the A20.  the A20's basically running out of time and i will
> have to make a decision to put sub 1GB NAND ICs on-board to store the
> bootloader *only*, and ship with MicroSD cards with the OS on it
> instead.
>
>  the passthrough card i can't get it up and running in a
> straightforward fashion: it's going to take time.
>
>  the microdesktop is going to need a rework as the microsd power
> supply 3.3v line is back-feeding into VREFTTL of the A20 and
> destabilising the processor.  i'll need to put in high-speed
> bi-directional level shifters.  argh.
>
>  the rk3288 is almost up and running: i destroyed one processor and
> RAM with a short between the 2v and 1.5v supply, and the first board i
> had working will not talk to the SYR827 or anything else on the PMIC
> I2C Bus.  i have three remaining boards spare which i am slowly in the
> process of double-checking the I2C bus first, before putting on the
> SoC and then the $40 worth of DDR3 RAM.  each IC added is risky.
>
> all this was yesterday.
>
>  so i am Not A Happy Bunny.

I am sure you will figure out a way.  I wish you well and hope you will
find that one idea to fix your problems.

As for the ram I wanted, 4gb is a good amount, I needn't be greedy now.
Besides, someday down the road later in the future, who knows what will
happen...

For now though, don't be hard on yourself okay?