[Arm-netbook] Arm processors

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 21:34:49 GMT 2017

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 8:37 AM, zap <zapper at openmailbox.org> wrote:
>> oh okay, would it support linux libre 4.9 from jxself's website by the way?
>
>  as i've said - approximately five to eight times now - repeated both
> back in august, on the mailing list, and in the crowdfunding updates,
> repeatedly, and yet again, repeatedly, back only as far as ten days
> ago - nothing beyond 4.7rc4 works due to a mainline linux kernel bug
> that has not been fixed during a major reworking of various parts of
> the mainline sunxi.

As a matter of fact, there are dozens of other A20 based boards
and they all work with the current mainline kernel. Many people
are using them, so the test coverage is pretty decent.

I would not rule out some sort of defect in your hardware.
For example, it has been recently discovered that some boards
have wrong capacitors (10uF instead of 4.7uF) and this causes
reliability problems:

   https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2017-March/282796.html

And this was just a single example. There are tons of possible
reasons why the hardware may not work correctly. And there will
be no progress until somebody gets his hands dirty and finds
the root cause.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka