[Arm-netbook] mailing list etiquette

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Jun 21 12:08:29 BST 2017

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 12:02 PM, Pablo Rath <pablo at parobalth.org> wrote:

> Is an indicator like above the preferred way on this
> list to show a part of the message has been trimmed?

 i've seen people use it on other lists and conversations, it's not
very common.  i am ambivalent (no preference).

> I am asking because I usually trim messages
> when replying but did not
> insert such markers in square brackets.

 the only reason i did it here was to demonstrate and highlight
 the practice *of* being courteous to other people by trimming
 unnecessary context.

 that's what this is really all about: ron sadly demonstrated a
 complete disregard for other people by indicating that his
 own personal preferences for composing and replying are
 more important... even when told (repeatedly) that putting
 other people to inconvenience is not acceptable.