[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20 2.7.4 pre-production prototypes received and working

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Jun 21 12:03:46 BST 2017

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 9:43 AM, mike.valk at gmail.com
<mike.valk at gmail.com> wrote:

> How about placing the connector on a small flex-PCB and then connect
> the flex-PCB to the hard-PCB? Then you don't have to worry about the
> correct mount height of the connector, leaving you with a bigger
> variety of connectors.

 a... a... oh!  awesome idea!  actually might be able to get away with
a separate daughterboard.  can't use a flex PCB, mounting these
connectors is enough of a bitch as it is.

> But then you'll need find another way to fixate
> the connectors to the card housing. 3D print?

 PCB interlocks. size of cutout matches size of daughterboard.

> Also you can test connectors independently of the whole board.

 very true.

> I understand such a change might be to big to do in terms of time and costs.

 space.  and EMI (over the connector).

> Just trying to think outside the box here ;-)

 i could potentially try it for the passthrough card, which is a lower
production cost.