[Arm-netbook] mali gpu reverse engineering lkcl may ignore

Bill Kontos vkontogpls at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 17:03:29 BST 2017

>  has NVIDIA engaged in similar illegal or unethical practices to that
> which ARM carried out against luc verhaegen, which we know were and
> are sanctioned by the CTO of ARM?

Sorry I chopped it off to keep the conclusion only. Nvidia switched to
requiring signed binary firmware with a blown fuse for any maxwell or
newer card to run effectively blocking the work by the libre driver
and delaying the release of the signed binaries to 2 years after the
cards are actually released to the market. So they are actively
blocking reverse engineering.