[Arm-netbook] bunnie about riscv

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Sat Jun 17 19:14:53 BST 2017

Hi Ron,

Am Sat, 17 Jun 2017 13:35:59 -0400
schrieb ronwirring at Safe-mail.net:

> [..]
> I prefere if others leave the full text in their emails.
> I prefere to not delete text in my own replies.
> I cannot make that decision about my replies?

I could image, that Luke would like the participants of this mailinglist to use
a style similar to the one defined in RFC1985 ("Netiquette", see section 2.1.1):

 Be brief without being overly terse.  When replying to a message,
 include enough original material to be understood but no more. It
 is extremely bad form to simply reply to a message by including
 all the previous message: edit out all the irrelevant material.

Since Luke maintains this mailinglist, I find it to be acceptable, that he
can define the communication policy of this list, if he prefers so.
Specifically in this case he is following a widely used style - even though we
are all aware of the fact, that there are different communities or contexts out
there using very different styles with regard to quoting.

Cheers,
Lars