[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20 2.7.4 pre-production prototypes received and working

David Niklas doark at mail.com
Sat Jun 17 03:30:34 BST 2017

On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 15:01:08 +0100
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Neil Jansen <njansen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm on mobile at work, I've confirmed with an EE here that does this
> > sort of thing all the time.
> >
> > The good news is that your easiest bet is to just ask the board house
> > to fill the vias with epoxy,
>
>  awesome.  that's two great ideas.  via-over-pad (which involves
> resin-filling as well).
>
> l.

How about a third?
I'm no EE (I'd like to be, but that's another story), so take this with
a grain of salt.
Use kapton tape to cover the holes. That will resist the heat the down
and up side being that you have to manually apply and remove it
afterwards and it will not leave a trace like epoxy so you can use the
VIA holes.

Sincerely,
David