[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20 2.7.4 pre-production prototypes received and working

Neil Jansen njansen1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 14:59:01 BST 2017

I'm on mobile at work, I've confirmed with an EE here that does this sort
of thing all the time.

The good news is that your easiest bet is to just ask the board house to
fill the vias with epoxy, they can plate over that, and it's very common
these days. He said that filling a normal via (not blind or buried) with
epoxy is going to be cheaper than what I previously proposed (using blind
vias).

The better news is that you can actually rework your current boards by
filling the offending vias with epoxy, if they're otherwise usable. A
pneumatic shot dispense system would be needed but they're cheap and
available now thanks to China.

There isn't really any bad news. He said it's extremely common, we do it
probably 100's of times on our boards at work , which are incredibly dense
and expensive. No issues at all, it's extremely reliable to do this, even
across temperature ranges and vibration.