[Arm-netbook] systemd nonsense ad-infinitum

Elena ``of Valhalla'' valhalla-l at trueelena.org
Tue Jul 4 21:03:34 BST 2017

On 2017-07-04 at 14:39:17 -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 04, 2017 at 08:01:54PM +0300, Bill Kontos wrote:
> > It seems like those who
> > actually did the work scripting for inits chose to work for systemd
> > only, and now it's just a bunch of people who demand stuff without
> > offering anything in return( i.e. work).
>
> As I heard it, the disputes about systemd on the Debian mailing
> lists got so vicious that those who didn't want systemd left and
> went elsewhere to contribute.

well, the disputes got vicious, and I admit that I skipped reading most
of it for my own sanity.

At least on IRC, however, most of the viciousness seemed to come from
the non-systemd camp; it can be true that they alienated the people who
may have wanted to help supporting other systems, but making them not
want to be on the same side of those people, but blaming the
systemd-supporting debian community for their actions doesn't sound
right.

I say seemed, however, because at least in the worst cases the pattern
of behaviour were more suggestive of a troll trying to stir up
controversy for its own sake (or for some other reason) rather than
somebody honestly concerned with systemd, and that surely helped muddle
things further.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''