[Arm-netbook] Doing without systemd

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jul 4 02:55:09 BST 2017

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 2:41 AM, Hendrik Boom <hendrik at topoi.pooq.com> wrote:

> For the record, I feel called on to point out that Devuan has done most
> of that for you,  but I suspect that you already know that, and it
> wasn't ready at the time.

 i do - that's not quite it.  i have such a high dependency on debian
that i can't take the risk of converting.  instead i've deployed
anganbd.pl's packages and they _do_ get rid - entirely - of
libsystemd1.  the reason that they do that is to test packages that
are ostensibly listed as not depending on sytemd actually *really* do
not depend on systemd.

 angband.pl's approach means that i can stay on debian, and there's no
risk of jeapordising this project.