[Arm-netbook] personal fight against the modern laptop

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jan 27 16:58:18 GMT 2017

---

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 3:59 PM, mike.valk at gmail.com
<mike.valk at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://hackaday.com/2017/01/26/a-personal-fight-against-the-modern-laptop/
> https://youtu.be/Ib7tFvw34DM
>
> I Commented on the video that EOMA might be what he'd like.

 ooo that's a lot of comments.

> I tried to point him to the EC firmware but "http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma" is
> bit of a mess. It contains a lot of (historical) info without structure.

 yep.  notes from 5 years of research and files will end up like that.

> Also I find. http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/laptop_15in/ and the
> e-linux wiki hard to navigate. It's messy.

 it's being used to store information and research.  it's not designed
to be pretty or for average end-users.  call it... a litmus test, if
you like.  engineers will cope.  end-users will stay away.... and
that's a good thing.

> If I'd like to start hacking on the laptop a staring point would be nice.

 at this point in the project, best to refer them to the mailing list
and the irc channel still.