[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 In A Intel Card World?

Julie Marchant onpon4 at riseup.net
Wed Jan 25 06:08:36 GMT 2017

On 01/25/2017 12:53 AM, Tor, the Marqueteur wrote:
> Looking at that, I just had another ascii version pop into my head:
>
> ************
> ************
> ** O M A     (Fill this space with OMA)
> **
> ****** ----
> ******|    |
> **----  68 |
> **---------|
> ************
> ************
>
> Looking at the completed version, it may not render as well, and it
> doesn't translate to an ascii logo as well if desired.  It does return to
> the horizontal layout, though.

You know, that looks to me like it's showing two things being slotted
together, which is a good visual. But I kind of wonder, is giving such a
huge contrast to the E compared to the rest a good idea? I can imagine
people misinterpreting the E as just some sort of visual design and
starting to call them "OMA cards". You could just as easily have the "E"
in both places. Something more like this:

************
************
** E O M A |
**----     |
******|----|
******|    |
**----  68 |
**---------|
************

Here's another thought: you could forego the clear text entirely and
instead make it a sort of jigsaw puzzle made up of the letters "E", "O",
"M", and "A", with the clear text saying "EOMA68" displayed right next
to it.

--
Julie Marchant
https://onpon4.github.io