[Arm-netbook] First laptop dock for Intel's card announced

Julie Marchant onpon4 at riseup.net
Mon Jan 23 19:59:07 GMT 2017

On 01/23/2017 02:50 PM, Julie Marchant wrote:
> Though I do wonder, is there a clear case of prior art for this kind of
> thing that would invalidate any possible patents? Something technically
> designed as a fully functioning computer that plugs into the thing that
> gives it all its interfaces? If there is, it would probably be good to
> know about it. The last thing we would want is a patent troll coming
> along demanding royalties for some obscure patent. :)

Actually, I think I've got one: the Super Game Boy. That was actually a
fully-functioning computer with no inputs or outputs of its own; it
plugged into a SNES to get all its inputs and outputs. So really, you
could say that it was one of the earlier computer cards, while the SNES
was its housing.

--
Julie Marchant
https://onpon4.github.io