[Arm-netbook] 7 inch Tablets suggestions

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Jan 16 13:00:09 GMT 2017

---

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 12:46 PM, Stephen Paul Weber
<singpolyma at singpolyma.net> wrote:
>> so. let me put it this way. if you'd like to see such a product
>> exist, help find the 720p LCD and the associated capacitive panel
>
> Have you talked to the chalkboard electronics guys? They told me they'd do a custom spin of their controller board (to accept LVDS, didn't ask about TTL at the time) for MoQ 100. There are definitely Linux drivers for their controller and such.‎

 we don't need a driver board that does LVDS (because it would need to
be adapted and incorporated into the tablet's PCB... and i already
have circuits to do that so don't need *their* driver board,
especially given that the circuits that i already have already *have*
RGB/TTL to LVDS conversion, plus the backlight driver circuits, etc.
etc. etc. etc.)

 what's needed is the capacitive panel Part Number and the LCD part
number... which can be found here:

 https://www.chalk-elec.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/7inGen2.jpg

 ok so that specific part number 80701-0A4321B does not exist on the
internet but google "capacitive 80701" turns up some alternative hits.

 the innolux part, the datasheet needs to be found.