[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 In A Intel Card World?

Parobalth parobalth at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 18:42:44 GMT 2017

On Sun, Jan 08, 2017 at 12:49:54PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> ---
> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
>

> On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Alexander Ross
> <maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:
> > How to market eoma68 vs intel card in a positive way?
> >
> > Heres a go, please edit,suggest as you feel. hmm sounds like a wiki page
> > is coming :) :
> >
> > EOMA68:
> > *Grass roots developed - made by someone who cares
> > *Any processor make
> > *Made with free software and its developers in mind. to help advance and
> > fund free software.
> > *Hardware that just works for free software and there for any software
> > *Makes it easier for the creation and maintenance of many, yet to be
> > thought of, new devices.
> > *Higher Spec additional standard EOMA200 in the works after current ones
> > products are in the market.
>
>  also (thanks to recent discussions) backwards-compatible upgrade
> options to higher power (up to 10W) and higher resolution(s).
> 1920x1080 planned for first revision, other speeds potentially later
> *if* they can be kept within EMI limits.
>
> l.

Weeks ago I began to wonder what the best way to promote EOMA68-A20
would be once it becomes a reality in spring. I think the crowdsupply
campaign and the promotion video were very well executed.
Are there any plans for another video -- maybe part of a promotion
campaign starting in spring 2017?
To clarify: I am thinking more of a "guerilla", decentral community
driven campaign and not something involving a slick marketing company.
As a consequence of the recent "intel computer-card" news I feel even
more urgency to create some buzz for EOMA68-A20 and I believe that it is
by far the better product compared to the quite vague Intel announcement.
I can write down some of my ideas which currently live relatively
unstructured in my head if it is seen as a good idea by Luke and the
community. On the other hand if there are already plans how to promote
EOMA68 in the next year I can save myself the time and work on other
projects.

Parobalth