[Arm-netbook] Intel at CES

Nick Hardiman nick at internetmachines.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 09:08:07 GMT 2017

> On 6 Jan 2017, at 08:52, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 01:29:19AM +0100, raphael.melotte at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> On January 5, 2017 6:38:10 PM GMT+01:00, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:
>>> I wonder where they got the idea from:
>>>
>>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38515472
>>>
>>> http://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/compute-card/intel-compute-card.html
>>
>> It's astonishing... there are so many similarities it can't be a coincidence.
>> They just saw a new market and feeled they should be in.

I suspect this is a marketing exercise, to gauge interest in the idea. If this is an idea that made it onto some Intel marketer’s ‘good idea, let’s look at it more’ list, then EOMA68 computer cards are one step closer to being sold in supermarkets. I’m guessing, I know nobody at Intel. I do assume they are smart guys who have a pretty good hit rate at spotting these good ideas.