[Arm-netbook] Intel at CES

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 08:52:46 GMT 2017

On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 01:29:19AM +0100, raphael.melotte at gmail.com wrote:

> On January 5, 2017 6:38:10 PM GMT+01:00, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:
> >I wonder where they got the idea from:
> >
> >http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38515472
> >
> >http://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/compute-card/intel-compute-card.html
>
> It's astonishing... there are so many similarities it can't be a coincidence.
> They just saw a new market and feeled they should be in.
>
> Intel is able to promote their products on a different scale but I do think eoma68 can make it's way to the general public anyway. Having a good community making it easy to use for the lambda user can make a difference (just like there are Windows users switching to GNU/Linux everyday because they met a friendly and open community online).

It has hit /. just when I have 15 mod points -- which expire soon, get posting:

https://hardware.slashdot.org/story/17/01/05/2049258/intels-compute-card-is-a-pc-that-can-fit-in-your-wallet

Flag up interesting posts, I won't continue to look at that page.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/