[Arm-netbook] passthrough, a20 and rk3288 cards

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Wed Feb 22 10:55:27 GMT 2017

Hi,

Le Wed, 22 Feb 2017 11:46:07 +0100
dumblob <dumblob at gmail.com> a écrit:

> Hi Luke,
>
> speaking of commitments, timeframes and the equipment price, it
> appears to me we could develop and provide a fully working QEMU image
> to break the current dependecy on EOMA HW (of course, in the end it
> will be tested on a real HW, but the global parallel development of
> anything regarding EOMA will be much easier and faster using QEMU).
>
> Would it make sense to you?

I may be mistaken, but I suspect that would require allwinner SoC, and
current qemu-system-arm does not support any AW SoC, so for every
device used by the code we'd run under QEMU we would have to developed
some emulation. Probably such a QEMU addition would be done and
sufficiently stable way after the hardware is available.

> Cheers,
>
> -- Jan

Amicalement,
--