[Arm-netbook] passthrough, a20 and rk3288 cards

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Feb 21 23:19:21 GMT 2017

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 9:00 PM, Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday 21. February 2017 21.16.54 Eric Duhamel wrote:
>> On February 21, 2017 3:52:12 AM PST, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>> >btw i didn't hear from anyone about the offer to send out
>> >pre-production cards.
>>
>> I'm tempted but I have nothing to bring to the Linux effort; zero
>> experience hacking or installing the kernel and not much time to learn.
>
> I'm probably not the kind of person to bring much to the table, either, but
> what kind of equipment would one need to actually attempt anything with such a
> card at this point?

 a standard 12v dc power supply with a 5.5mm pin-positive jack,
usb-otg and micro hdmi cables, and a vga monitor.

 the main thing i need from people before i send them $300 to $350
worth of equipment is a 100% committment that they'll be doing active
development of some kind which helps the other backers directly or
indirectly, or helps further the goals of the eoma68 project.

 u-boot development, kernel development, os preparation, packaging,
upstreaming - anything like that.