[Arm-netbook] New Eoma68 housing idea

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Feb 17 22:52:26 GMT 2017

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 5:32 PM, Bill Kontos <vkontogpls at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Nyuzi website has a demo that renders 2300 triangles at 50mhz but there
> isn't any mention about the frames per second so I can't get a triangles per
> second result.

 lots of reading between the lines needed, a few more steps.  find a
GPU (any GPU) which has a dmo with a fps rate *and* a
triangles-per-second metric, assume a linear relationship (reasonable
for a first approximation) and scale up.

 2300 triangles per second @ 50mhz is fantastically low btw.  there's
something very wrong with the demo hardware setup, and/or it's onlly
using one "engine" due to limitations of e.g. the FPGA.  so, that'll
probably be 2300 triangles / sec  @ 50mhz *per parallel GPU engine*
but you'll have to investigate to confirm that.