[Arm-netbook] Laptop PCB schematics

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Feb 12 17:58:39 GMT 2017

---

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Internet <internet at devpi.de> wrote:

> First look at PCB3 is finished, it is of course possible I am missing
> something. Anyways, following caught my eyes:
>
>    1. the usb otg charger ic has two capacitors between regn and ground,
>    total value: 11.5uF, datasheet says 1uF. probably no issue though
>    2. 10k thermistor for the otg charger is connected to voltage divider
>    and through another thermistor to bat-v (fuel guage), datasheet says it
>    should be connected to ground (i am not to sure about the guage though,
>    reference application is pretty chaotic and complex)
>    3. status leds should be connected to sys-v (nothing to do if dvcc =
>    sys-v)
>    4. EOMA68-5V0 is not connected to anything, this results in an
>    unpowered card on pcb1 (which is bad); should probably be connected to
>    vcc-5v0)
>    5. level shifter is completely unnecessary because lcd-vcc = vrefttl =
>    3v3; connect 10k pullup resistors to vrefttl and add pullup for chg_irq to
>    vrefttl
>
> TI bat IC is 1.8v.. wasn't happy with that.

>    1. because eoma68-i2c is not used on this pcb remove pullups

_great_.  encourages me to take a look and check.

> I hope this helps and if I misunderstood something, please let me know.
> The fuel guage circuit is more complex than expected, I let you know if
> there is an issue.
>
> Do you want me to put all this on rhombus-tech.net? If so, could you give
> me some instructions where and how to put it?

http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/laptop_15in/pcb2/ then just work it
out, put whatever you feel is appropriate and i'll review it and move /
adjust if necessary.

> Additionally, to edit the pages I need some kind of account creation
> password …

ah! sorry, i added that recently after there were attacks on the page --
it's "passwordreqd"