[Arm-netbook] USB3.1 pinout

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Feb 6 10:28:02 GMT 2017

---

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Nick Hardiman
<nick at internetmachines.co.uk> wrote:
> A standard that provides for two USB3.1 ports is a good thing. Isn’t it?

 yeah it is  :)

> In fact, USB3.1 availability might be unique in this small board world.

 well there first has to actually *be* a SoC that has USB 3.1!

> I watched a long presentation where Jon Hall said he couldn’t find one (OpenHours #32 - 96Boards discussion with Jon "maddog” Hall).

 mmm... not a fan of 96boards after their spectacular failure to
respond publicly to my questions about their incompetence in designing
the standard *without consulting anybody*

 big fan of jon hall though.

> No idea what standard revision and chain of components is required to make this work, so I’ve got no idea how to help here. Sorry.

 it's ok i just need to make a decision and document it.  it'll be
along the lines of "what would a typical SoC have as pinouts and how
can PCB track cross-overs be minimised under the circumstances".

 i _should_ have placed the pins for the SStx/rx next door to each of
their respective USB2 tracks... but that's not possible, now.