[Arm-netbook] HDMI High-Frequency Layout: Recommendations--Taper

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Dec 30 09:49:50 GMT 2017

ok so i've passed richard the gerber files for a review, and i've done
the replacement of all 10uF 0805 capacitors with twin 4.7uF 0603.
full details outlined in a new update, which will likely be out next
year.

i'm now in to "examining gerbers closely" mode which usually takes me
2-3 days, i go over them dozens of times, looking for things like "GND
VIAs that have been removed by PADS" and "tracks that aren't separated
by GND when they were previously" and "power lines and power planes
that might not hold enough current" and so on.

it needs to be done several times as there's so much detail it's easy
to miss things.

then when both richard and i are happy it'll go off to mike for him to
order, that'll take about.... 3-6 weeks.  there will be NO rushing
here, they tend to screw it up.  another set of 10 components will
need to be ordered, and we get to make 10 more 2.7.5 PCBs.

this time the assembly will be .... complicated by the fact that we
need to try out 1666mhz and 1800mhz DDR3 RAM ICs (which will be run at
only 375mhz), because the 1033mhz DDR3 RAM is getting F*****G
expensive, it's hit the tail-end of its lifecycle.

i might also have to ask him to track down some 1GB (4x 256mb) RAM ICs
as a "just in case" as well.