[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 / Libre RISC-V team financing

Hrvoje Lasic lasich at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 12:42:43 GMT 2017

On 27 December 2017 at 13:24, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> ---
> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
>

> On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Hrvoje Lasic <lasich at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>  that's because they really, really don't understand it: all their
> >> experience is based on fiat currencies.  and as crypto-currencies go
> >> up in value, fiat currencies correspondingly and naturally *go down*.
> >> this is something that everyone is forgetting, that, ultimately, the
> >> value of fiat currencies is going to be quite literally worthless.
> >>
> >>  a good book to read which outlines this in an easy to read fashion is
> >> senator ron paul's book, "End the Fed".
> >>

> > I am afraid `going up` is problem at the moment.
>
>  if we were talking about *trading* bitcoin i would be concerned.  i
> am not in the slightest bit interested in *trading* of bitcoin.  at
> all.  it's an extremely risky thing to do, and it requires an
> extremely sound knowledge of trading, which you can spend a long, long
> time studying.   i simply don't have time for that.
>

> > Currently you cant sell crypto to USD, there is lack of liquidity. Most
> > probably there are some top holders of i.e. Bitocin and try to sell it to
> > fiat as much as they can in this moment. it is classical ponzi scheme
> where
> > few will get rich and minor investors will pay for it.
> >
> > You cant purchase things. For example go to shop and buy a car. Price
> > fluctuate 10,20,30% daily, so even if you are benevolent toward idea you
> > cant really hold goods for 6 months and be sure that you will at the end
> > make some margin. Remember, trade (business) is not about speculation but
> > making margins in predictable way. With fiat you can go in restaurant and
> > buy cup of coffee. With cryptos not.
>
>  you've not been to Keene, NH, have you? :)  or to PorcFest.  i bought
> a tornado potato 2 years ago, my friend paid in BTC for me.  zapped
> the QR code on the window :)

Great, you bought something two years ago.

And in fact, two years ago the idea in my eyes has been better then it is
now as you had some remotely predictable value, it has been used by
criminals (that's business too). this is exactly reason why price si
inflated right now.

>  it turns out that on average, sometimes he loses 10% on BTC
> fluctuation, sometimes he gains 10%.  to support the *idea* - the
> freedom of trade - he accepts that fluctuation graciously, as does
> anyone else who trades in real-world items using bitcoin as the
> currency it actually is.

Ok, I do a lot fo trade for living from 2001 and currently have more then
100 suppliers in China. I cant afford 10% fluctuations. And I am pretty
sure nobody can unless you trade (usually illegal) stuff with huge margins.

> >There is no economy behind it,
>
>  this is simply not true.  it may be the case that you've never
> *encountered* anyone who has paid or been paid for anything in
> bitcoin.
>
> l.

Ok, For example we know that German economy GDB is something more then 3
trillion EURO. Do you have any idea what is economy behind i.e. Bitcoin
worth. Not this pumping up prices, but economy?

I really like idea of blockchain but what is going on right now is madness,
everyone who even dare to point things that do not looks good is labelled.