[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 / Libre RISC-V team financing

Hrvoje Lasic lasich at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 12:07:32 GMT 2017

>  that's because they really, really don't understand it: all their
> experience is based on fiat currencies.  and as crypto-currencies go
> up in value, fiat currencies correspondingly and naturally *go down*.
> this is something that everyone is forgetting, that, ultimately, the
> value of fiat currencies is going to be quite literally worthless.
>
>  a good book to read which outlines this in an easy to read fashion is
> senator ron paul's book, "End the Fed".

I am afraid `going up` is problem at the moment.

Currently you cant sell crypto to USD, there is lack of liquidity. Most
probably there are some top holders of i.e. Bitocin and try to sell it to
fiat as much as they can in this moment. it is classical ponzi scheme where
few will get rich and minor investors will pay for it.

You cant purchase things. For example go to shop and buy a car. Price
fluctuate 10,20,30% daily, so even if you are benevolent toward idea you
cant really hold goods for 6 months and be sure that you will at the end
make some margin. Remember, trade (business) is not about speculation but
making margins in predictable way. With fiat you can go in restaurant and
buy cup of coffee. With cryptos not. There is no economy behind it, just
good idea and hype.

I have seen two projects based on cryptos in last two years, they are not
coin speculation but real ideas that society could benefit,that are
difficult to implement because lack of legislative, government want taxes,
stakeholders resist it etc. Unless you see some real business and/or
services based on blockchain there will be no real value of
crypto-currencies.

Yes, ti is good idea, but what is going on right now is not good at all and
if balloon burst it could do more harm then good.