[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 / Libre RISC-V team financing

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Dec 27 11:11:14 GMT 2017

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 10:49 AM, Pen-Yuan Hsing <penyuanhsing at gmail.com> wrote:

> This sounds like a great opportunity. But I share Mike's questions. Can you
> clarify what (1) and (2) mean and what's needed for us to pitch in?

hiya pen-yuan, ha, bit of cross-over, i just replied to mike.

(2) you, as an independent individual, with your own money, sign up,
pay the membership yourself, buy equipment yourself, under my "tree".
over time if you happen not to put anyone under *your* "tree" i will
drop people in it *for* you.  you'll end up receiving commission "for
free" so to speak (and so will i)

(1) you don't pay anything AT ALL.  you sign up, and *I* will pay your
membership, *i* will buy your equipment.  this can only happen OVER
TIME (perhaps in 1, 2 or 3 months time), and i will ONLY do this if
you are a software libre or hardware developer who is committed,
long-term.